Why UPB Gen I, II, III?
Levition HAI Lighting Control (HLC) devices feature Generation III UPB™ technology. Simply Automated leading supplier of UPB globally. Universal Powerline Bus (UPB)™ is a digital powerline communications standard for lighting and home control that has been used since 2001.
UPB™ is for single phase 120/240 volt systems that have a neutral wire, which is standard residential wiring; accordingly, UPB™ works over existing wires in a home and does not require new wiring.
UPB™ is a digital technology that has been extensively tested and researched in residential environments and found to be 99.9 percent reliable.
UPB™ transmits using a pulse over existing house wiring. The pulse has a long range and travels on powerlines. The UPB™ pulse is not susceptible to noise because it is spread spectrum.
Features and benefits provided by the Generation III UPB™ technology include:
- Increased tolerance for power frequency variations and interruptions in dimmers.
- Gen III Dimmers and Non-Dimming Switches allow the user to configure the device as either dimming or non-dimming.
- Dimmer and non-dimming switches now feature an automatic timeout so that the light automatically turns off and an optimized TRIAC drive.
- Improved communication and enhanced noise immunity for superior reliability even in the noisiest of environments.
- Swifter reaction time of switches when tapped; virtually no delay between tapping of switch and light reaction.
- Full compatibility with UPB split phase repeaters.
UPB™ has Advanced Addressing that allows 250 devices per house, 250 houses per transformer that has greatly reduced the chance of overlap between houses.
UPB™ switches can peacefully co-exist with other Powerline carrier systems within the same home.